Invisalign is a clear aligner treatment that uses removable trays to align your teeth and give you a straighter smile. The trays are an aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional braces and offer orthodontic adjustments using a series of plastic trays. In doing so, the treatment stays true to its name: aligning your teeth while remaining invisible.
Dr. Christopher L. Louie and Dr. Victoria Louie at Louie Family Dentistry at Fremont, California, are certified Invisalign treatment providers who have given thousands a new lease of life with clear braces.
What Problems Does Invisalign Solve?
Invisalign can solve a host of orthodontic issues similar to traditional braces. Let’s see what they are:
- Gaps between teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Underbites, overbites, and crossbites
- Relapses from using traditional braces
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign treatment process involves four steps:
- You visit Louie Family Dentistry for a complete oral assessment. Our dentists and staff assess where you are a perfect candidate for the treatment.
- Once your candidacy is ascertained, the Louies will use an intraoral scanner to take a digital impression of your teeth. Next, they use another digital software to give you a glimpse of what your teeth could look like post-treatment.
- Upon your sign-off, our dentists send the impressions to the Invisalign manufacturing facility, which will create and ship your custom aligners shortly to us.
- Our dentists will fit the aligners onto your teeth, using small adjustment tools if necessary to deliver additional pressure to specific areas of your teeth.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
Invisalign can show results in as little as six months. But, on average, Invisalign takes up to 18 months to give you the desired effect, which is six months shorter than the typical treatment period for traditional braces.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers plenty of benefits compared to its alternatives.
Convenience: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign can be removed before meals and oral care routines. This feature helps maintain better dental health and minimizes the chances of developing oral concerns.
Aesthetically Pleasing: People can rarely find out whether you are wearing Invisalign braces or not.
Comfortable: Invisalign trays are sleek and fit snugly on your teeth.
It is essential to note that Invisalign may not always be the right orthodontic treatment option to straighten teeth for everyone. In such cases, without wasting any of your time or money, we will refer you to an orthodontist.
Learn more about Invisalign by contacting our dentists, the Louies, at Louie Family Dentistry. Call us (510) 656-7778, request an online appointment, or visit our office at 41268 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538 for a consultation now.
Ready to schedule a consultation?