Dentures have been an ideal solution for replacing multiple missing teeth for many decades now. They are made from tooth-colored plastic and gum-colored acrylic materials, both of which are biocompatible and have wonderful qualities. Dentures can be created either in a complete or partial form based on the number of teeth you wish restored.
Why Should You Choose Dentures?
- They are often the first choice suggested to patients with several missing teeth, as this option is more convenient than dental implants or bridges.
- They are custom-made to perfectly fit and keep them from getting displaced in the mouth.
- They make it easier to bite and chew food, close to as before you lost the teeth.
- They restore facial contour as they replace every single tooth in your mouth, thus reinstating the shape of your cheeks and chin.
- They are removable, and you can take them off whenever you wish to, such as to clean your dentures or your mouth.
What Are the Types of Dentures?
They are the most standard type of dentures that replace all of your missing teeth. We fabricate these dentures by taking X-rays and precise digital scans of your mouth after extracting the remaining teeth in your mouth. They need a couple of weeks to prepare, during which you would have to go without teeth and allow the wounds to heal.
Partial dentures are custom designed in such a way that they restore only a specific set of missing teeth. They would be held firmly in place with the support of a metal framework. The artificial teeth from the dentures would rest adjacent to natural teeth to give you a complete smile.
What Is the Procedure for Getting Dentures?
A comprehensive screening process will be carried out during your first visit to determine your need for dentures. If there are any remaining decayed or impaired teeth, we will extract them. The mouth is scanned by using a digital hand-held device. The data from the images will be utilized to create a 3D digital impression of the mouth that will be used as a framework for developing the dentures.
The fabrication of the dentures will take a few weeks to complete and be ready for use. We will fix the dentures in your mouth and check how it fits. If the dentures do not work well, we will make the necessary alterations and provide perfectly fitting dentures. Finally, we will also instruct suitable aftercare instructions to ensure the dentures last for many years without any difficulty.
If you are interested in learning more about our denture options, call Louie Family Dentistry in Fremont, CA 94538 at (510) 656-7778 and schedule an appointment.
Ready to schedule a consultation?