Dental cleaning and exams are a part of preventive dentistry that together keep your dental health in check. Regular dental check-ups, cleaning, and exams minimize or avoid different kinds of oral health issues, thereby keeping your teeth and gums healthy. A healthy mouth further protects the rest of your body from severe health disorders.
When oral infections spread to other parts of the body, they can cause great harm. Keeping a check on your dental health from time to time helps you detect the signs of all the existing issues with your overall well-being as well.
What are the Different Types of Dental Examinations Performed by Dentists?
Our dentists perform the following types of dental examinations to check your dental health:
- Dental X-rays to get a better view of your teeth, underlying jawbone, and roots.
- Oral scans to spot the growth of cysts, tissues, and lesions.
- Bite test to check any issues with your bite or malocclusion.
- Salivary diagnosis to check for oral infections.
What are the Benefits of Dental Exams?
Dental Exams have a plethora of benefits:
- Regular dental exams by our dentists look into the signs of tooth decay and cavities. These problems, when going unnoticed, infect your tooth pulp and worsen the condition.
- Most cancers in the mouth or throat are diagnosed by dentists through routine check-ups and dental examinations. When such a diagnosis is made at the right time, it may help you to seek treatment at an early stage, which significantly increases the chances of getting them cured.
- Gum diseases are another major oral problem, and many people fall prey to them. Dental examinations help to screen such diseases so that our dentists may further provide the best treatment to address them.
- Dental examinations further help you check other problems such as bad breath or halitosis. These examinations also suggest if you need to opt for a dental cleaning or not.
Dental Cleaning Procedures
Professional teeth cleaning is performed by our team of dentists to eliminate the build-up of plaque, bacteria, and tartar. Our dentists use special tools to remove such deposits. Dental cleaning also includes flossing between your teeth as well as teeth polishing to remove stains from their surfaces.
One of the most common dental cleaning procedures that we use is scaling. It is performed to remove the build-up of plaque near your gum line, thereby keeping them healthy. Professional dental cleaning keeps cavities, tooth loss, and gum diseases at bay and gives you fresher breath and a brighter smile.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Fremont, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Louie. Please call us at (510) 656-7778 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.
Ready to schedule a consultation?